It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:20 am
All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Made with Melodyne: Join our SoundCloud group and share your Melodyne tracks!
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login

Post subject: Melodyne Studio 3 and VST's?
    PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 am 

Melodyne studio
    Hi all,

I've now decided to ditch Nuendo and go down the Propellerheads Record 1.5 + Reason 5 route, awesome way to go too I must add. Although Record does not support VST's, so the plugins I was using (such as Melodyne's plugin) are useless to me, unless of course I use another program with Re-Wire so I can get around it.
    I have until now been using Nuendo as the host & then strapping the Melodyne plugin as an insert on the vocal tracks, but this is a pain.

This is where I thought using my Melodyne Studio 3 (that I bought years ago & didn't use because I found the plugin easier to use in my chosen DAW at the time) would solve my issues. Everything seemed to be going just fine, I was able to use my chosen VST Verbs on the Aux channels & it is very clear where I should strap the VST's on individual channel inserts within Melodyne Studio 3.

However, I just cannot see how to insert a VST onto the MASTER OUTPUT channel? Can it be done? I really would like to have Melodyne Studio as my Re-Wire HOST and Propellerhead Record as my Re-Wire SLAVE. I want to have the Master outputs from Record routed through Melodyne Studio, along with any tracks I have tuned in Melodyne & to be able to process them all on the master output bus with any chosen VST's.

My only workaround so far is to render the tuned tracks & import them back into Record so they all play back through the same re-wire channels. A BIG pain if I have missed any out of tune notes etc & need to edit them in Melodyne again!
    I can't even work out how to route the audio back into Record from Melodyne, I can only figure out how to route from Record into Melodyne.

So, would someone be so kind as to either explain how I can add VST's to the Master O/P's in Melodyne Studio 3?
    OR
    Could someone enlighten me how I can Re-route the processed tracks from Melodyne 3 back into Record via Re-wire, while using Melodyne as the Re-wire HOST. (This isn't explained in the FAQ's).

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Melodyne Studio 3 and VST's?
    PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 am 

Melodyne studio
    Melodyne editor
    Mac OS X 10.8.2
    Logic Pro 9.1.8
    Ableton Live 9.1.4
    1. It is possible to use VST's in the Master Output section. Insert a VST FX in the Master Outputs aux drop-down menu. Then 'turn up the knob' (not the activation-box) for all channels.

2. Or create a group track, go: "Configure" / Group Tracks/ Add Group Track.
    Route the outputs from your tracks into the group-track. The new group-track can be selected as output instead of Main from your tracks output sections drop-down menus. Then your channels output first goes into the group track with VST-inserts and from there on to the Master Output.
    You can use more than one group-track if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:07 pm 

Melodyne studio
    Thanks creater, I really appreciate your help.
    It would appear that creating the group channel is the way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 pm 

Melodyne studio
    Oh, by the way, just one other question if you would be so kind to answer.

I am able to route the audio from Record into Melodyne 3.2.2.2 via the Re-Wire channels. A channel appears in the Melodyne mixer & I can hear the audio coming through. I currently have the main mix coming through the main stereo channels, I also have another channel where I have routed the dry vocal track to be tuned.

However I cannot for the life of me figure out how to route the re-wire channels to the tracks in Melodyne so I can record & process them? I am currently having to export the vocal track from Record to a folder & then importing it into Melodyne. It's sort of pointless to have the re-wire doing it this way, surely I am missing something?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:57 pm 

Melodyne studio
    Melodyne editor
    Mac OS X 10.8.2
    Logic Pro 9.1.8
    Ableton Live 9.1.4
    Stag1 wrote:
    Oh, by the way, how to route the re-wire channels to the tracks in Melodyne so I can record & process them?

That's where the MelodyneBridge comes into the picture. To be able get audio in so it can be 'analyzed' and edited, you have to either import it (as you do now) or transfer it from your DAW into Melodyne. That's why Celemony invented their own bridge to bridge the gap in the rewire protocol.
    Your gonna have to import audio that you plan to edit or see if you can use MelodyneBridge that handles audio both ways, in and out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:12 pm 

Melodyne studio
    I'll see if the Bridge works with Record, otherwise I'll carry on as I am. I guess exporting from Record then Importing into Melodyne doesn't take much longer than playing real time, if at all.

Thank you once again my friend. Forums would be useless without helpful guru's such as yourself!

:D