It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:04 am
All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Made with Melodyne: Join our SoundCloud group and share your Melodyne tracks!
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login

Post subject: 64 bit version of the Melodyne plug-in?
    PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:31 pm 

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any plans to create a 64-bit version of the Melodyne plug-in. I have Sonar 64 bit on a Vista 64-bit machine and noticed that I can't get Melodyne to work correctly on it because the plug-in is a 32-bit app and has to run through BitBridge.dll to make it try to work with a 64-bit application.

However, when attempting to track audio into the plug-in, Melodyne can't recognize that Sonar has finished playing the audio. So, it never renders the recorded audio.

Is version 2 going to support 64-bit?

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:34 pm 
    Celemony team

Hi Tom

64 bit support is on the wish list for future versions of Melodyne.
    It is, however, too early to talk about a concrete feature set for Melodyne plugin Version 2, which is scheduled for autumn.
    So we will have to still wait a little bit to know for sure. :)

Best,
    Stefan Lindlahr
    Celemony Software

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:37 pm 
    Celemony team

I'll move this thread to the features wish list ...

Celemony Software

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:14 pm 

Thank you Stefan for your reply. We are all looking forward to this great new version of the software you are creating. Version 1 of the plug-in is a great tool and much appreciated.

I have one last question, will an official feature list be posted at some point for version 2? I would just like to see if 64-bit does make into your plans.

Thank you again,
    Tom

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:18 pm 
    Celemony team

Hello Tom
    tyacko wrote:
    will an official feature list be posted at some point for version 2?

sure! There will be a clear feature list before the release.

Best - Stefan

Post subject: Re: 64 bit version of the Melodyne plug-in?
    PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:11 pm 

Melodyne essential
    Well, I'm certain everyone at Melodyne is frantically working trying to get DNA out the door, but top of the list after that needs to be 64-bit support. Most mid to high-end PCs (i.e. those likely to be used for audio processing) are now shipping with Vista 64-bit installed and the official 64-bit version of Cubase is shipping now. (My copy of Cubase 5 should arrive on Friday.) Similarly Sonar has had 64-bit support for some time. It should be also noted that Cubase 5 adds a number of time and pitch shifting tools, which probably won't be as good as Melodyne, but which people will start switching to because they work in the 64-bit world. Melodyne is a great product, but to win a competition you first have to show up and right now Melodyne hasn't shown up in the 64-bit world. This may seem harsh as Melodyne is hardly alone in this matter, but early leaders often capture the market and people never look back. Look what happened when Native Instruments introduced user scripting to the software sampler world. I'd hate to see Melodyne turn into another GigaStudio.

P.S. Yes DNA is truly revolutionary (I conceded above that finishing that should come first), but Celemony still can't afford to cede the market of the majority of people that just want to fix their vocal tracks, but Melodyne won't run on their computer.

Long Live Melodyne!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:26 pm 

Melodyne editor
    Latest
    Melodyne studio
    Latest
    Intel 4930k 12cores, 32GB RAM, Windows 7x64, Cubase 7.5.20 x64 / SONAR X2 x64
    +1 64bit!! And try to get it and start deliver! :(

I love the beer, the country and the people living in Germany, and I DO visit frequently so this is not the issue here! The nagging issue and huge PROBLEM is that Germans Music software industry don't seem to care or deliver Native 64bit softwares? You seem very uninteresting to make any effort to support VISTA 64bit or Windows 7? Very pity, because many of us all professionals actually USE IT in our daily job!

Today I'm using fine US products, Sonar 8 Producer 64bit and E-mu sound card! I have ditch and boycott almost all products that are made in Germany like Steinberg, RME, Native Instruments...and many others, because of slow move forward 64bit drivers and 64bit OS comparability! ;)

I still use Kontakt 3 because NI will soon release Kontakt 3.5 in Native 64bit version too. Native Instruments will change the whole arsenal of plugins to Native 64bit VST:s so that's great too!
    NI isn't 100 % German product either, 50% US so perhaps that's the case this transforming to Native 64bit actually happen after all? :twisted: hehe

Seems like the rest of the world needs to still wait for the Germans Music software industry to get it?
    Or have you? :evil: :roll:

I have said and asked for this in over 3 years now?
    Still no info from you boys and girls yet, regarding this major Issue and problem, EVERY DAY on going problem in the Studio?

I will NOT upgrade anything from you or anybody else IF you DON'T deliver Native 64bit version of it! Many like me have the same opinion too! Have friends that consider ditch Pro tools 8 because they didn't deliver it in 64bit.

Regards
    Freddie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:51 pm 
    Celemony team

Hello Freddie,

in contrast to what we wrote in earlier postings, Melodyne actually always ran well under Vista 64. It's just the plug-in edition that is showing some problems. See our FAQ > System Requirements/Compatibility > Does Melodyne support Vista 64?

Anyway, the team is still aware of the request. Stay tuned.

Celemony Software

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:48 pm 

Melodyne editor
    Latest
    Melodyne studio
    Latest
    That's great Claudio and I will stay tuned, but the reality for me is! :wink:
    I'm Using Sonar 8 Producer, 64bit version...

1.The Melodyne plugin VST 32bit Plugin!. can't transfer any audio in Sonar 8 64bit version even with bit-bridge technology

2.Melodyne 3 Studio. Cant's use Melodynebridge 32bit VST version with bitbridge technology! Can't transfer audio or play multi channels.

3.Melodyne 3 Studio. A 64bit direct X version of Melodynebridge doesn't exist.

4.Melodyne 3 Studio. A 64bit VST version of Melodynebridge doesn't exist.

5.Melodyne 3 Studio. Rewire mode! 64bit version of rewire technology doesn't exist.

So that's reality and the problem! I need to use the 32bit version of Sonar 8 that gives me less Memory to work with, and 50-60 % higher CPU use, compared to the 64bit version of Sonar 8 Studio!

The sounds quality is not, and will never be the same with any 32bit application or 32bit Host.
    Sonar 8 producer 64bit version has a first World Class 64bit Audio engine, with 64 bit double precision included. I'm using 24-bit/192kHz converters (Sirrus Logic CS4398) - the same A/D converters used in Digidesign's flagship ProTools HD 192 I/O Interface delivering an amazing 120dB signal-to-noise ratio. They are hooked up direct to my MAIN monitors so I'm pretty set regarding hearing sound quality, that is..

Also the benefits with programs that are made in NATVIE 64bit are and will always be; betters sound quality, less CPU usage , use of more RAM memory, enhanced multitasking features of both memory and CPU and enhanced multitasking features inside the 64bitOS environment. So there are only benefits with 64bit technology, and no downsides.

There non benefits with old 32 bit technology compare to 64bit, except 32bit applications being a pain in the ass! :lol:

Regards
    Freddie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:35 pm 
    Celemony team

Hello Freddie,
    Freddie H wrote:
    The sounds quality is not, and will never be the same with any 32bit application or 32bit Host.

sound quality isn't determined by the bit architecture of the application (neither of the host, nor the plug-in). Instead it is determined mainly by the converters (as you know, the best sounding converters nowadays have all 24-bit). Also the overall sound quality of each individual plug-in is crucial, which again is not determined by the bit resolution. The same goes with the quality of your DAW's audio engine: A 64-bit audio engine is not automatically sounding better then a 32-bit engine. If you experience this with Sonar 8, this might be due to other changes between both applications, Sonar 8x32 and Sonar 8x64.

But apart from your statement about sound quality I totally agree: a 64-bit architecture brings you two important benefits compared to the mixture of 64-bit (host) and 32-bit (plug-in):
    1. the plug-in can access more then 2 GB of RAM
    2. the host doesn't need to spend CPU power for the bit-translation between host and plug-in

Beside this kind of general discussion we are seeing compatibility issues with the current Melodyne plugin and Sonar 8. This is why we recommend to only use Sonar 8x32 even under Vista 64 (See our FAQ > System Requirements/Compatibility > Does Melodyne support Vista 64?).

Best,
    Stefan Lindlahr
    Celemony Software

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:44 am 

Melodyne essential
    Just a +1 for the 64-bit. I've only recently bought the plugin, but I'm running 64bit Vista with Sonar 8 64, and would really appreciate it being 64bit - or at least working as a 32bit plugin ;)

In the meantime, if anyone else is having problems, the current plugin does work using jbridge (http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/) - I'm using this to wrap any troublesome plugins until the developers sort out the problems.

There's also the VSL Ensemble Pro, which may sort the problem out shortly.

(I'm not affiliated to either of these, just a happy user of jbridge and wanting a fully working 64bit system)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:33 am 

Melodyne editor
    Melodyne essential RTAS
    make that another for the 64 bit.
    the stand alone version of melodyne editor will be AWESOME in 64 bit if its made. (I have to wait for fl-studio to be updated to 64 bit. they are waiting on the delphi programming language to get an update though.)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:56 am 

Melodyne editor
    +500 on this one for my part :)

I'd pay well around $500 for this plug-in for how much it would ease my workflow...

I finally got everything updated/upgraded for my new 64-bit music environment and the ONLY thing missing is the 64-bit Melodyne plug-in :(

Reason had to be ditched because there is no 64-bit option and no announcement of any kind. I found some awesome alternatives though that I know are better in the long run. As for the Melodyne plug-in, there is no alternative. I love it. Cubase VariAudio just doesn't do it for me.

I tried JBridge as well, but it freezes up with little action.

Please, Celemony! Ironically, read your motto..."tomorrow's audio today" :D

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:30 pm 

Melodyne editor
    Latest
    Melodyne studio
    Latest
    koalaboy wrote:
    Just a +1 for the 64-bit. I've only recently bought the plugin, but I'm running 64bit Vista with Sonar 8 64, and would really appreciate it being 64bit - or at least working as a 32bit plugin ;)

In the meantime, if anyone else is having problems, the current plugin does work using jbridge (http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/) - I'm using this to wrap any troublesome plugins until the developers sort out the problems.

There's also the VSL Ensemble Pro, which may sort the problem out shortly.

(I'm not affiliated to either of these, just a happy user of jbridge and wanting a fully working 64bit system)

Awesome! Thanks! :D :wink:

I will try it out!
    Regards
    Freddie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:36 am 

Melodyne editor
    Latest
    Melodyne studio
    Latest
    Unfortunately it didn't work with SONAR 8, 64bit! :( :roll:

So back to square one!
    I have a solution for us all Celemony Software users!

If Celemony start develop ONLY 64bit versions of there plugins/ program instead, so we doesn't need to have this headache anymore!!! :evil: They don't even need to release anymore 32bit plugins, because no one want; or will use it anymore in the future anyway!!! How long DO WE NEED TO WAIT for you Celemony to fix this??? :cry:

64bits DAW's on the market

SONAR 8, 64bit
    REPEAR, 64bit
    Cubase 5, 64bit
    Nuendo 5, 64bit
    Logic 8, (64bit) 9, 64bit
    Cantabile, 64bit
    and many more.....

If you use another DAW that not support 64bit yet like example new Pro Tools 8 HD??? crossgrade don't support them!!!!

Regards
    Freddie